Though it’s technically America’s birthday, it’s far more likely that you’ll find yourself needing a hostess gift. Whether you’re headed to a BBQ, a picnic or the neighbors down the street, here are some ideas to brighten someone’s holiday:
1. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Ben & Jerry’s has just the flavor for the occasion. Tie an ice cream scoop to a pint or two of the Americone Dream ice cream.
2. Be a memorable party guest by showing up with this red white & blue flamingo from American Sparkle. If you don’t feel like ordering one, grab any (decorative!) flamingo & some paint and be creative!
3. If you’re headed to the lake with a long, lazy weekend ahead of you, a patriotic puzzle makes a fun and entertaining gift. (And yes, with Amazon Prime you can have it in time for the holiday!)
4. Go retro & bring a basket of S’mores fixins’. Tuck a bag of marshmallows, some Hershey’s bars & graham crackers into a basket and you’re done.
5. If you’re headed to a kid-friendly party, be the coolest adult around by showing up with a basket of glowstick jewelry.
6. Make it a starry night for sure by bringing a bottle of vodka, some tonic & blueberries and strawberries. Another variation is to put the berries in a large mason jar, forgo the tonic and include a recipe for infused vodka.
7. Help their fingers & toes celebrate by bringing red, white & blue nailpolish.
8. Make Rice Krispie treats and layer them in red, white & blue. (Food dyes don’t count if it’s a holiday!) [Photo courtesy of TheRecipeNut.com]
9. Help brighten their day with red, white & blue for the weeks ahead by bringing a blue hydrangea with a red & white bow.
10. Bake up a batch of star-shaped sugar cookies decorated with red, white & blue. I love the no-spread recipe from Fancy Flours because the cookies really do hold their shape while in the oven. If baking isn’t in the cards, a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough works.
Happy Fourth of July!